Sunday, May 19, 2013

Justinius masterpiece Mg Blue Frame Astray custom

We have been fortunate to have had many newcomers at the Mecha Lounge as of late! Justinius is one of our newest members, but he brings a certain level of coolness with him! I had been watching his build off with Good Guy Dan for a few weeks now. I had been very excited to see what unfolded between the two builders....

So i asked Justinius to say a few words about himself.

"My name is Justin, I've loved building things since i was a kid, it all started with legos, and just sort of evolved from there. same thing goes with robots, transformers was always an awesome thing when i was younger. and it just stuck with me as i grew up. so gundam kits just come naturally to me. I used to build gundam kits when i was in middle and high school. but when the shows left north america, so did all the local places to buy kits, so i stopped building for several years. but now that I'm a 'grown up' and stuff i could afford to take a more mature approach to the hobby, while documenting and sharing my progress online. my other hobbies are pretty standard I think. I collect and play video games, as well as music. Music is really my passion. I play the drums on occasion, I used to be in a band. I like most types of music, ranging from pop, to metal and beyond."

An interesting fellow if i may say the least! So if i am correct i believe this to be Justinius first attempt at a shaded kit! To me it turned out fantastic! using the blue to preshade before the final white layer was a really nice touch. Coupled with a metallic blue frame! This guy looks fantastic!!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feature! :) it really means a lot! and yes, it was my first attempt at preshading ( i think it shows )

    ReplyDelete